Total Visitors

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Brunch for One


A while back, I was alone at home and hungry, so when I woke up, I was starting to feel rather hungry. Luckily, we had mushrooms and a roll of premade biscuits that just needed to be baked and one tomato left. 

I placed the doughy biscuits onto the baking sheet, and took an egg in a little bowl and whisked at it with a fork before taking the pastry brush and making sure that the biscuits all were covered by the egg mixture. This not only gives a beautiful golden brown coloring, but it also adds flavor.

As those were baking, I took about a tablespoon of Butter and two tablespoons of vegetable oil, heating up the skillet as I sliced the few remaining mushrooms that were left inside of the fridge. Then into the warm skillet the mushrooms went, sauteeing the mushrooms until they softened, SALT and PEPPER ed them, flavoring the mushrooms.

When they were done, I placed the mushrooms onto my plate, and then went outside to the backyard and grabbed a few oranges and made myself some orange juice. 

Then, last but not least, I heated the skillet up once more and cracked an egg into it, SALT and PEPPER ing it, frying it, waiting until the sides are golden brown before shutting off the stovetop. Then using my spatula I slipped the egg off and onto the pan. 

After looking at my plate, I felt like there was something missing, so I looked around the kitchen and found a lone tomato that needed eating. So, I sliced it up and placed it on the plate, making sure to put plenty of salt on them (as salt brings out the natural flavors, and takes away most of the moisture).

And that, was my "Brunch for One"

Enjoy :)

--Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment